Furnaces are delicate machines that depend upon many tiny parts to make sure they’re working perfectly. The average lifespan of a furnace is approximately 15 to 20 years. This makes it important that you invest in a good furnace rather than choosing a cheaper option and paying for it during maintenance. Get all the services for HVAC repair in Marietta.
Many different HVAC services provide maintenance contracts, and here we’ll cover whether you should get one for yourself or not. But before we jump to that, let’s cover what types of problems a furnace can have.
5 Common Problems That Furnaces Face
- Dirty Filters: The job of a filter is to trap dust and dirt particles and make sure it doesn’t compromise your indoor air quality. Dirty filters are the root cause of many HVAC issues, including increased electricity bills.
- Squeaking or grinding noises: Squeaking or grinding noises inside a furnace is an indication that the furnace has a broken part. This usually happens because of wear-and-tear rather than any outside interference.
- Flame Color: The color of the flame should be blue rather than yellow. A yellow flame suggests that your furnace isn’t working properly and is producing toxic gases like carbon monoxide.
- Uneven heating: Uneven heating in your home, i.e. different rooms having different temperatures, means that your furnace doesn’t have a good capacity anymore. This is usually because of dirty filters or clogged parts.
- Gas smell: If you use a gas or oil furnace, you can also expect a bad smell if there’s a problem with your furnace. This is usually an indication of cracked or broken pipes, which leads to leakages. Please note that this is extremely hazardous and should only be handled by a professional.
What is a Furnace Maintenance Contract?
A furnace maintenance contract covers regular inspection, maintenance, repair, and servicing of your furnace. A technician from a provider of furnace repair in Marietta, GA, will visit your home and inspect your furnace. This way, if there’s a problem with your furnace, you’ll know it before it grows.
The maintenance contract also covers a bond for service if there’s anything broken. While you’ll have to pay a certain cost if the repairs aren’t covered under the contract, most furnace problems are covered by the contract.
Why Should You Get the Contract?
Here are two main reasons for getting the maintenance contract:
- Reminders: Furnaces require regular maintenance. This means every 3-4 months; you should have your furnace inspected. Without the contract, you’ll have to remember the date of your last inspection, keep track of expenses and problems. With the contract, all information is contained in one document that is easily accessible at any point.
- Prolonged Lifespan: With regular furnace maintenance in Marietta at the hands of a good technician, your furnace can last up to 20 years. This means you don’t have to invest in another furnace and only have to pay the minimum maintenance cost covered in the contract.
Who to Go to?
Instead of choosing the cheapest maintenance contract, research the technician: ask for reviews and their license information. This will help you choose a trustworthy technician. We offer the best HVAC services at Top Tech Mechanical Services, Inc. We are a leading service provider for furnace repair in Kennesaw, GA. We provide long-lasting budget-friendly services.